Wild Utah Project
Development Director Job Description
Announced May 15, 2018
Overall Description: The Development Director will work with other staff and the board to develop and execute Wild Utah Project’s fundraising plan. Priorities include applying for grants, as well as outreach (including social media) to cultivate relationships and support from individuals and businesses. This position will involve developing and conducting special fundraising events, including on-line funding events.
Areas of Responsibility:
· With other staff and the Board fundraising committee, update our annual strategic fundraising plan and manage activities to meet goals.
· Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual organizational budget.
· Track fundraising activities/status, maintain fundraising calendar and cash flow model.
· Help involve other staff and the board in fundraising activities.
· Maintain donor/foundation database.
· Stay up to date on current fundraising methods and new funding sources. Connect with others in this profession.
· Develop/maintain relationships with existing and potential supporting foundation staff.
· Regularly meet with friends and potential donors of Wild Utah Project.
· Expand Wild Utah Project’s Major Donor program.
· Coordinate one or more fundraising event(s) each year.
· Track and report WUP programs and activities on a periodic basis (including helping with WUP’s annual report), meet funder reporting requirements.
· Assist with updating of and implementation of WUP’s Social Media Plan & Strategy
· Several years experience in nonprofit fundraising preferred.
· College degree required.
* Applicants should be passionate about Utah’s wild places and wildlife.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed.
· Organizing skills a must; detail oriented and good at meeting deadlines.
· Willing to work independently in some areas and with a team in others.
· Experience with environmental advocacy, conservation biology and/or public land management issues are helpful but not necessary.
· Proficient skill with databases a plus.
· Needs to be adept with social media.
Salary: This is ¾ time permanent, salaried position with benefits. Salary is competitive with other nonprofit conservation organizations of our size, and commensurate with experience.
Application Procedure: Send cover letter and resume, Attention: Allison Jones, Wild Utah Project: email@example.com (email preferred but hard copies also accepted). Wild Utah Project, 824 South 400 West, Suite B-117, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
Applications accepted until position filled